Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vicksburg

I misplaced the card reader to transfer pics to my computer sometime over the weekend, but I found it this morning!

Saturday, after I finally got off work, Bryan and I drove over to Vicksburg to see the flooding. We definitely weren’t the only ones! I’ve never seen so many people in Vicksburg! We parked close to where Washington St is closed because of water over the road.
vicksburg30
Then we walked up the hill to the train station.
vicksburg28 vicksburg26
Ate at Duff’s Tavern. The waitstaff there were definitely tired of seeing all the tourists. They seem harried and ready to be off! But the food was amazing. Bryan loves it when I pull out the camera…

vicksburg25

Then we went to the Military Park. Bryan had never been there. I have bad memories of it. My coach in college would have us out there by 6am at least once a week to run. If you’ve never been there, there are unbelievable hills. These hills just go on and on and on and on… And most of them are pretty steep. So while this park doesn’t hold my fondest memories, it was fun to drive through it and actually get to stop and check out the monuments. The overlooks of the river are great there. It was amazing to see how much the river had expanded.

vicksburg8 vicksburg5 vicksburg11
vicksburg2
This is Anderson Tully. So far, their levee is holding.
vicksburg23 vicksburg7
vicksburg1 vicksburg19
In the last picture, those are trees, not bushes, in the water at the bottom of the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment